Grand Masters Curling Association Rules
This competition will be governed by the CCA Rules of Curling for General Play
Eligibility and Registration section of the OCA Rules Supplement as applicable.
1. Age: All players must be 70 years of age on December 31st of the year prior to the
2. Membership: All players must be active members of the same OCA member
club and participate in club draw(s) at the club indicated on the entry form. Each
team will be composed of four women or four men or any combination of women
or men playing in any team position.
: At the zone level, teams must declare four eligible players.
Substitution will be allowed in accordance with the rules provided two of the
original players are utilized. Players eliminated at one level will not be eligible to
spare at the same level.
4. Zone play
: Double knockout with one team advancing to provincial final. The
zone draw will be sent to each skip. There is no need for a pre game meeting.
5. Fill System: If a zone has no entries the fill team will be the:
a) The runner up of the zone with the largest number of entries in that region.
b) The runner up from the host zone.
6. Entries: Only the first eight teams will be accepted in each zone. More teams
may be accepted at the discretion of the GMCA Executive.
7. Provincial Final: Single knockout with three games guaranteed. Only four
players will advance to the provincial level. Alternates will be available from a
pool of players selected by the host committee
8. Pre Game: A coin toss will determine the choice of last rock or colour. The team
choosing last rock will practice first. Practice time allowed is 7 minutes.
9. Delivery Methods: The use of delivery sticks or brushes are permitted.
10. Travel Guidelines: During travel to zone play, if competitors experience
hazardous driving conditions that could delay their arrival, they should phone the
host club umpire or Head Official, Art Lobel at 905 881 0457. Depending on the
nature of the delay, the umpire may decide to delay the start of the game or
reschedule without penalty.
Rev. April 20, 2013.